The topic I'd like to see represented in a keynote at ISTE 2010 is...

Creativity & collaboration

How do we foster those critical collaboration skills that are increasingly important for today's learners? How do we support both teachers and learners in tapping into their creativity to solve problems, build critical thinking skills, and model 21st century communications?

395 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jennifer Ragan-ForeAdminJennifer Ragan-Fore (Admin, ISTE2010) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mali BickleyMali Bickley commented  · 

I think having a session on a successful teacher who integrates technology into a holistic program that encompasses all areas would be inspriationa and practical. I would love to come away this year being inspired with some new ideas to use with my kids, but more to have meaningful use of technology with the emphasis on creativity, critical thinking and collaborations globally that can actually change kids and change our practice.

• noreenstrehlownoreenstrehlow commented  · 

As an art teacher we learn how to integrate the arts into any content area and technology is no different. It's how we choose to integrate creativity that is important. We need to move into the higher end activities of synthesis and transformation and make sure we do not just tell kids to draw a picture of whatever. That's not creativity, that's an assignment and there is a huge difference. Second Life is a platform that allows for great creativity training.

• William BauerWilliam Bauer commented  · 

I'd be interested in a session highlighting creativity in the arts, facilitated with technology.

• dbondupsondbondupson commented  · 

Teachers as creative producers, modeling 21st century learning, working, and communications for students

Feedback and Knowledge Base