The topic I'd like to see represented in a keynote at ISTE 2010 is...

Personal Learning with 21st Century Tools

What will it take for 21s Century tools to be considered a critical component of education to help more students learn, achieve and reach their potential?

511 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kathleen McClaskey shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kathryn.ferrel commented  · 

Personal learning Networks are an innovation that teachers can fully utilize, it fits their needs because it is personal. The ability to utilize Web 2.0 tools to create personal learning fully supports the 21st Century learning ideology.

• Technoliteracy commented  · 

I like Carol's idea about increasing the Personal Learning of teachers, but it is also important that students begin to involve themselves in their own learning. That latter idea is what I would like someone to speak about.

• Kathleen McClaskey commented  · 

This does include both teachers and students as teachers are learners in gaining the skills to teach every learner in the classroom.

• Carol Teitelman commented  · 

If this includes teachers in their own personal learning, you have my vote. We need teachers to seriously take on the role of learner. Too many educators seem to have lost the exhilaration of learning something new everyday.

Feedback and Knowledge Base