The topic I'd like to see represented in a keynote at ISTE 2010 is...

Multiple Intelligences and the new tech tools that should serve them

Let's move past talking about differentiated instruction and hear more about specific ways to work through student strengths using 21st century tools. MI Theory has been consistently shown as increasing engagement- couple this increased engagement with the right tools for today and students will respond in force!

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    edtechsteve shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sloane commented  · 

I was thinking the same thing that i voted for a topic simply out of gratitude that I subscribe RSS to that feed and then received an email that brought me here and then his vote was in the top so before I scrolled down I just voted 3 votes to get that out of the way before exploring others. Without that update I wouldn't even find this page so yeah it's a popularity contest on who's got the tightest community.

As I explored this site, got my email, I realized....wait, 4 pages? And more to come? What if I couldn't decide later on and already used up my votes? Use another email to sign up for more? That would be like cheating. (oops...)

I'm really glad u posted this and I hope more people read this and at least they are aware. With slow connection (like mine) tend to get impatient going through every single one and weighing it carefully. Maybe they should do this page like a photo album with a thumbnail description ordered alphabetically by name or description. Not challenging the right of those who are both popular and have a deserving topic, but I agree completely with Steve about the way it's designed pushes good ideas to the back.

• edtechsteve commented  · 

I must say that I don't like the way this voting site is set up. Obama had the exact same thing happen when his administration asked for ideas on change.gov. The problem is that it becomes a popularity contest combined with whoever found the site first. If you can stick to the frontpage and then "turn out the vote" you will settle near the top.

I'm not saying the ideas that are floating to the top are necessarily bad. I'm just afraid that some of the best ideas will be entered and wind up on page 4+, never to be heard from again!

That's why I'm saving my votes for the end and then trolling those pages. Even though my vote won't make a difference in the outcome, I'll feel better about acknowledging those great thinkers that were late to the game.

Feedback and Knowledge Base