The topic I'd like to see represented in a keynote at ISTE 2010 is...

SMART Boards Interactive Whiteboards: Technology Strategies and Ideas We Can Use Right Now!

Interactive whiteboard themselves are a hot topic and it is no secrete that SMART Boards are one of the hottest. The concurrent session for this topic and other interactive whiteboards are always popular and near standing room only. Why not give these presenters, who are extremely knowledgeable in interactive whiteboard any other technologies the space they deserve. Motivational and published speakers are great, but it is time for “ready-now” in the classroom ideas to be presented. Let us have a Keynote Speaker who can have us leave with ideas that can be implemented immediately in the classroom a school systems around the world.

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bgensburgbgensburg shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eva Rosacker DietzEva Rosacker Dietz commented  · 

Bret has helped my classroom after hearing him twice at Atlanta and San Antonio, so would highly recommend him and his tricks to be a featured topic!

• afowlesafowles commented  · 

IWBs are great. SMARTboards are WAY too expensive. Long live Wiimote Whiteboard.

• texasmathladytexasmathlady commented  · 

The most engaging and effective teaching tool I have found in 35+ years of teaching.

• marlene straubelmarlene straubel commented  · 

Smartboards are the now in education--very valuable interactive strategy for all in education and beyond!

• bgensburgbgensburg commented  · 

Susan,
        You are 100% correct. Interactive Whiteboard strategies, regardless the maker, would be excellent to have and see. They are universal and very much becoming more a part of a teacher's classroom every day. I wish I could change the title, but the intentions are for what you very much have indicated.

• SusanSusan commented  · 

I would be interested in knowing more strategies for not just SMART Boards but any kind of interactive whiteboard.

• bgensburgbgensburg commented  · 

Update please read. Although the title mentions SMART Branded Interactive Whiteboard, A more natural Interactive Whiteboard and other similar Interactive Activities is the true intention of this topic. Please consider these "corrections" in casting your votes.

• janettotojanettoto commented  · 

I'd be SO interested in hearing about things I can do RIGHT NOW!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base